The scientific name is polypropylene fiber. It melts near the flame and is flammable. It burns slowly and emits black smoke from the fire. The upper end of the flame is yellow and the lower end is blue, emitting a smell of petroleum. The ashes after burning are hard round light yellow brown particles, which are easily broken by hand twist.
1. Form The longitudinal surface of polypropylene is straight and smooth, and the cross section is round.
2. The biggest advantage of density polypropylene is its light texture. Its density is only 0.91g/cm3, which is the lightest variety among common chemical fibers. Therefore, polypropylene of the same weight can obtain a higher coverage area than other fibers.
3. Strength and elongation Polypropylene has high strength, large elongation, high initial modulus and excellent elasticity. Therefore, polypropylene fiber has good abrasion resistance. In addition, the wet strength of polypropylene is basically equal to the dry strength, so it is an ideal material for making fishing nets and cables.
4. Light moisture absorption and dyeing properties, good warmth retention; almost no moisture absorption, but strong wicking ability and obvious moisture absorption and perspiration effect; polypropylene fiber has very little moisture absorption and almost no moisture absorption, and the moisture regain under general atmospheric conditions is close to zero . But it has a wicking effect and can transmit water vapor through the capillary in the fabric, but it does not have any absorption effect. The dyeability of polypropylene fiber is poor and the chromatogram is incomplete, but the coloring of the original solution can be used to make up for the deficiency.
5. Acid and alkali resistance Polypropylene fiber has good chemical resistance. In addition to concentrated nitric acid and concentrated caustic soda, polypropylene fiber has good resistance to acids and alkalis, so it is suitable for use as filter materials and packaging materials.
6. Light resistance, etc. Polypropylene fiber has poor light resistance, poor thermal stability, easy aging, and is not resistant to ironing. However, the anti-aging performance can be improved by adding an anti-aging agent during spinning. In addition, polypropylene has good electrical insulation, but it is easy to generate static electricity during processing. Due to the low thermal conductivity of polypropylene, it has good warmth retention.
7. High strength The strength of polypropylene stretch yarn is second only to nylon, but the price is only 1/3 of that of nylon; the fabric made of it has stable dimensions, good abrasion resistance and good chemical stability. However, it has poor thermal stability, is not resistant to sunlight, and is prone to aging and brittle damage. For this reason, anti-aging agents are often added to polypropylene.
Civil use: it can be purely spun or blended with wool, cotton or viscose to make various clothing materials. It can be used to knit all kinds of knitwear such as socks, gloves, sweaters, knitted pants, dish cloth, mosquito net cloth, quilt, warm padding, wet diapers, etc.
Industrial use: carpets, fishing nets, canvas, hoses, concrete reinforcement materials, industrial fabrics, non-woven fabrics, etc. Such as carpets, industrial filter cloths, ropes, fishing nets, building reinforcements, oil-absorbing blankets and decorative cloths. In addition, polypropylene film fibers can be used as packaging materials